Re: Large-Address awareness on 64 bit systems

On Jun 21 06:21, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> >On Jun 18 16:32, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> >>In general, how does ASLR affect things? Do heaps and system dlls risk
> >>wandering into high memory?
> >Try it.  AFAICS, Windows does not use the large address area at all.
> Hmm. That could be a double-edged sword: If we rebase everything
> into high memory and also mark the dlls ASLR-aware, windows might
> very well stuff everything back into the crowded low address space.

Sure.  I didn't mean to imply to test both things together.  Maybe
I should have chose another thread for the ASLR suggestion.  The ASLR
flag might help in case of collisions,  while the large address for DLLs
might help to avoid collisions.

Right now I was just wondering if you tested (or would like to test)
your collision testcase with the ASLR flag switched on in the DLL
headers.

> Unfortunately I don't have time this week to play around with this,
> or I'd be reporting actual results instead of speculation...

No hurry.