Re: RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

Am 28.06.2011 22:14, schrieb Charles Wilson:
If we take one of the suggestions elsewhere in this thread, and move
cgywin DLLs into /lib and rely on solely on $PATH rather than
$dir-of-EXE to find most DLLs, the problem gets even worse: /bin/bash
would load the wrong libintl-8.dll and would coredump, before getting a
chance to run .bash_profile to set the $PATH "properly".
Just to clarify: my suggestion to move DLLs to /lib was *not* about leaving out the prefix; it was about dual maintenance of 32 bit and 64 bit versions. So /lib/cygfoo.dll and /lib64/cygfoo.dll would not be harmful, I suppose.
Thomas