Re: RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Oops?  It's basically the same as on a 64 bit Linux.  32 bit libs go
> to /lib, 64 bit libs go to /lib64.  It's just a bit different for
> DLLs because they are in /bin.  Either we invent a /bin64, or we use
> another DLL prefix, like the suggested cyg64.  I don't see much of a
> problem here. It's just a decision to be made, isn't it?

The dll doesn't need to be in the bin directory.  See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586(v=vs.85).aspx
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586%28v=vs.85%29.aspx> for
how to specify the dll search path order.  I would assume cygwin64-1.dll
would need to be but the other application dll could live in /lib64 and
not /bin as long as cygwin64-1.dll modifies the search path on
initialization.

Earnie