Re: Performance optimization in av::fixup - use buffered IO, not mapped file

On Dec 11 19:13, Daniel Colascione wrote:
On 12/11/2012 5:06 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
On 12/10/2012 7:51 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
The key to generating a binary that repros the problem is to unexec emacs, then
try to repro with that generated binary, not a copy of it.
The real explanation is a lot simpler: the binary is sparse. When you create a
file mapping object for a sparse file, Windows discards all cached pages for
that file. It makes sense that compilers (and Emacs unexec) would create sparse
files as they seek around inside their outputs.
Anyway, the binary is sparse because our linker produces sparse files.

Would the Cygwin developers accept this patch?
It's ok with me to remove this code, but there's a small problem.  On
2012-08-17, you wrote off-list, that you're going to send the signed
copyright assignment form.  I never got the ok from my manager.  Did you
miss to send the CA, or did my manager miss to inform me?
Honest question: can the deletion of someone else's code actually be copyrighted or claimed as IP? Or is the problem that the patch itself is copyrighted?

I only wonder because---ignoring deletions---the patch changes precisely one line of code, which I would have thought was small enough not to need copyright assignment.

Ryan