Re: New Cygwin family member

On 5 February 2013 12:57, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb  5 19:14, Teemu Nätkinniemi wrote:
>> On 5.2.2013 18:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >Today, at about 15:50 CET, the first 64 bit Cygwin process printing
>> >successfully "Hello World" to the Windows console saw the light of the
>> >day.  The process is alive and well.  cyg64win1.dll, the proud mother,
>> >is doing fine under the circumstances.
>>
>> Congratulations Corinna!
>>
>> Any idea when snapshots and toolchain are available for eager early
>> adopters?
>
> Not at all.  For a start I'm planning to provide the toolchain patches
> and a binary cross toolchain x86_64-pc-linux -> x86_64-pc-cygwin this
> month.

For us poor schmucks stuck in the 32-bit world, I'm hoping there will
eventually be a 32-to-64 bit native cross compiler (i.e. a compiler
that will run in 32-bit Cygwin that produces 64-bit Cygwin binaries)?
I'm guessing we're a ways out from that point yet, but when we get to
the point where Cygwin is officially offered in both architectures,
will the ask be of the various maintainers to produce binaries for
both (I personally don't mind as long as the tools exist to do it).

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe