Re: Potential Enhancement Of 'noacl'?

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Apr 17 14:11, Bryan Berns wrote:
>
>> Why would someone want to do this crazy thing?  In short, I continue
>> to struggle with the current Cygwin permissions handling for certain
>> drives where programs do sanity checks on group readability (e.g.,
>> ssh).
>
> That puzzles me.  OpenSSH is upstream Cygwin-aware, and the code skips
> permission checks on files if the underlying filesystem does not support
> permissions (e.g. noacl or FAT FS).  What problem do you have in real
> life with noacl?

Hmm... good question. I honestly not sure I put it to a practical test
-- I just saw it was reporting group read via 'ls -l' and stopped
there.  I'll give it a shot on Monday.  You may have made my day.... I
really didn't *want* to do what I was proposing :P