This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

GPL violation

Hello.  FYI, Acronis is distributing cygwin1.dll with its TrueImage
product (version 8), with no license terms or source code that I can
find:

$ ls -l /win/c/Program\ Files/Common\ Files/Acronis/CDRecord/
total 712
-rwx------+ 1 ASchulma None 135680 Dec 19 15:51 cdrecord.exe*
-rwx------+ 1 ASchulma None 438153 Dec 19 15:51 cygwin1.dll*
-rwx------+ 1 ASchulma None  52736 Dec 19 15:51 readcd.exe*
-rwx------+ 1 ASchulma None  98304 Dec 19 15:51 wnaspi32.dll*

Disclaimer:  I have read the GPL, Cygwin license page, and GPL FAQ.  But
I don't understand licenses much and so am still just about as likely to
ask a dumb licensing question as before.  Sorry in advance for any
stupidity.

Andrew.