This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

Re: Rsync over ssh (pulling from Cygwin to Linux) stalls..

On Aug 15 10:08, Darryl Miles wrote:
> You could also think of the situation differently, if RedHat were not

s/RedHat/Red Hat/

> around (went bankrupt, ha ha, LOL).  Then someone took over or setup a
> cygwin website the first thing that would go would be the copyright
> assignment agreement, since its a superfluous piece of documentation
> that only served RedHat.

- The copyright assignment is older than Red Hat's ownership of
  Cygwin.  It was already the exact same way (just change names) when
  Cygwin was owned by Cygnus.

- Removing the copyright assignment does not lift the GPL from Cygwin.

- That's the last time I participate in a fruitless discussion about
  the Cygwin copyright assignment.  I can't change it, you can't change
  it.  If you don't want to take it as it is, don't contribute.

Everything's said.  Please move on with your daily life.

Corinna

Red Hat