This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

Re: GPL violation?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
This article seems to imply that Dell is distributing Cygwin,
possibly in violation of the GPL:

http://jbarillari.blogspot.com/2009/07/cygwinompmfail.html

Ka-ching for Red Hat?

cgf
You claim that BLODA violates GPL? I don't see any claim there that Dell distributed cygwin. To the contrary, if they have BLODA which breaks cygwin, that fits the standard Windows marketing model "we don't fix bugs which turn up most often under cygwin."