This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

Re: question about the file get_high_address.c

On Mar 21 13:43, Max MÃller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question concerning the file get_high_address.c.
> It contains
>
> (C) COPYRIGHT CRAY RESEARCH, INC.
> UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY INFORMATION.
> ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> .Â
> Could you please tell me whetherÂuse is possible without infringement?

The copyright notice was old and outdated.  The original contributor of
this file to the upstream project, SGI, fixed the copyright notice
already back in 2000.  I just did the same in the Cygwin LTP testsuite.

Other than that, we can't give you definitive legal advice here, for
hopefully obvious reasons (IANAL and all that).  Have a look into the
updated, correct copyright notice and see if it works for you.  If you
need definitive legal advice, you should really ask your legal dept.

Corinna

Red Hat