RE: Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the whole Cygwin release/ distribution

>   Doesn't get the idea of an opensource project, does he?
> _I_ think that by
> attempting to push people around and give orders, you aren't
> likely to make many
> friends.  People put up with it when they're getting paid for
> it as a job.   They
> don't tend to volunteer for it for fun.

Deja vu.  I think I just told him this on the cygwin ML.

>   He also doesn't get the idea of an opensource project.  Did
> _any_ of us here volunteer to "get our names" on something?
> Is anyone fixing cygwin bugs because they hope it will lead
> them to fame and glory and the advancement of their career.....

Oh, crud.  Guys, this is hard, but... I'll admit it, shameful
as it is.

I started contributing to Cygwin purely for the recognition.

I mean, who wouldn't?  After following the mailing lists for
a while, you could just *feel* the unconditional love that
the users had for the Cygwin package maintainers.

Well, OK, maybe not *unconditional* love.

And now that I think about it... hm.

"Love" probably wasn't the word I was looking for, either.

Actually, thinking back on it, it's pretty obvious that most
Cygwin maintainers tend to face a reception from the community
primarily characterized by a deep, sullen sense of barely-
restrained and malevolent animosity.

On a *good* day.

Sheesh.  What was I thinking!  Either I'm just plain nuts to
subject myself to this, or... wait, no, that's wrong, I must
be doing this becuase... I like to do it?  Yes, that must
be it... I *like* to do it!  Wheh!  All is right again!

Thank you, cognitave dissonance!

-Samrobb