RE: Spurious "You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your syste m."

[TITTTLd!]

> >  Well, network drives are technically drives on your system
> too.  If you
> >  can't find multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your local
> drives, but an
> >  extra copy exists on a network drive, the error is correct.
>
> :-)  I think you're stretching things a little there.  :-)
> Most people
> wouldn't consider network filesystems to be "on" their system.  But
> since I'm being very pedantic anyway, I shouldn't argue any more about
> that.  :-)

  Well, once the remote drive has been *mounted* on my system, I would
consider it to be 'on' my system.  And when unmounted, I'd consider it to be
not 'on' my system.  But there's nothing really so different about the link
between your computer's memory and the drive being over an ethernet rather
than an IDE cable that makes me feel one is more or less 'real' or 'virtual'
than the other.