Re: 4NT vs. Bash (Was Re: problem with find/grep)

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 04:50:43PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
>Christopher Faylor schrieb:
>>On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:29:59AM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
>>>This way you have all the good terminal stuff from 4nt, and bash.
>>>Just some keys have to be programmed if you don't like the default.
>>
>>FWIW, I like having a full-featured pure-windows command shell for those
>>times when I've broken things so badly that bash doesn't work.
>
>I've just tried zoid, which is a shell in perl.
>
>cpan Bundle::Zoidberg
>http://search.cpan.org/~pardus/Zoidberg-0.91/
>
>Highly recommended if you do some perl programming.

Thanks for the pointer.  I installed this and love being able to type in
arbitrary perl commands.  I assume I must be doing something wrong, though,
because this is my prompt:

\C{bold,blue}\u@\h \A \C{green}\W\$\C{reset}

Is something supposed to be interpreting this?  Am I missing a package?

(Hmm.  I sound like a typical cygwin mailing list newbie)

cgf