Re: w32api usr/include/sqlext.h bad macros

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 08:40:59PM -0500, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 04:41:02PM -0500, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> > >The following was rejected on cygwin-patches.  I'm intentionally posting
> > >to the wrong list now because I shouldn't have to subscribe to a mailing
> > >list just to report a bug!
> >
> > Since cygwin-patches isn't a "bug reporting" mailing list and since the below
> > isn't "a patch",
>
> It's a line by line description of what needs to be changed to fix a
> bug.  That it's not a "Larry Wall format" patch doesn't make it any
> less of a patch.
>
> The mailing list description page says not to mail such things to this
> list.
>
> > I'd say that that the system was working as designed.
>
> Hardly.

I'd like to step in here to point out that the system isn't without
flaw; I had a similar experience to Eric's.  Noted a minor bug in a
header, created a (real) patch file, and had to subscribe to send it
to cygwin-patches.  Being a clueless newbie, I of course didn't
include a changelog entry.  So, if all were working as designed, I
would have been yelled at (err, gently corrected), and made to
resubmit.  But ....

drumroll...

instead, Corinna just applied it.  Someone must have been asleep at
the wheel is all I can say.  Just plain broken.