RE: Spice on cygwin?

----Original Message----

  I spent *hours* in the middle of the night the other weekend, when I would
rather have been doing what I was actually meant to be getting on with,
struggling to get autogen up and running on cygwin.

  The fact that the various autoconf files for autogen are full of
completely invalid nonsense[*] so that it completely fails to configure,
reconfigure, reautoconf or build, suggests to me that the overall system may
well be too complicated....

[*]  Really.  They don't remotely conform to what the docs say is the
correct usage.  Attempting to use conditionals that haven't actually been
AC_ defined anywhere is just the start of it.