RE: file not working on executables?

> From: Dave Korn
[snip]
> >> You're a lucky guy that you don't have problems with
> textmode mounts
> >
> > Well, yeah I guess, but again, what are these problems of
> which you speak?
>
>   You haven't lived until you've died in CR-CR-LF hell!
>
>   Particularly when it happens to a binary file :-(

Did the mount mode cause said "Hell"?  It's hard to understand how, if the
app that did the deed in question was written properly and opened the binary
file properly, i.e. "rb", "wb", etc.  Otherwise, sure, you don't know what
you're gettin', but that's hardly the fault of the text-mode mount.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle