This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:09:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: gethostbyname_r
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <20051011143306.GI12938@calimero.vinschen.de> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.CYG.4.58.0510111051180.1904@PC1163-8460-XP.flightsafety.com> <434BE411.email@example.com> <20051011164433.GB15402@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <434BF7F0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051011185258.GB22401@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 02:52:58PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:35:44PM -0400, Richard Campbell wrote:
> >Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>AFAIK, cygwin's gethostbyname is thread safe in all cases.
> >Since I was referencing you for the proposition that it was not thread
> >safe in the case of resolving a numeric IP,
> >(http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-05/msg00182.html ) I'll certainly
> >defer to you.
> The thread-safeness problem was fixed in February of this year.
And I never even got a tshirt :(