This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:12:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: gethostbyname_r
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051011143306.GI12938@calimero.vinschen.de> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <Pine.CYG.4.58.0510111051180.1904@PC1163-8460-XP.flightsafety.com> <434BE411.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051011164433.GB15402@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <434BF7F0.email@example.com> <20051011185258.GB22401@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20051012000945.GB1480@efn.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 05:09:46PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 02:52:58PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:35:44PM -0400, Richard Campbell wrote:
>>>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>>AFAIK, cygwin's gethostbyname is thread safe in all cases.
>>>Since I was referencing you for the proposition that it was not thread
>>>safe in the case of resolving a numeric IP,
>>>(http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-05/msg00182.html ) I'll certainly
>>>defer to you.
>>The thread-safeness problem was fixed in February of this year.
>And I never even got a tshirt :(
Sorry for not attributing the fix to you. I had a hard time finding the
change since the ChangeLog wasn't extremely clear on the fact that
thread safety was added since you fixed that at my urging while
primarily fixing something else.
I wish I had tee shirts to give out. Red Hat used to have some but I
gave my last extra one to my daughter's friend who knew about Cygwin and
knew Pierre Humblet personally.