This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: SETUP: In-use files have been replaced
- From: "Williams, Gerald S \(Jerry\)" <gsw at agere dot com>
- To: <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:40:46 -0400
- Subject: RE: SETUP: In-use files have been replaced
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Eric Blake wrote:
> It would be nice if you could fix your mailer to send attachments
> as plain text, and not application/octet-stream.
I think you can configure Outlook to work that way when
using SMTP, but I'm not sure you can when you're using
an Exchange server for transport. (I could use UUENCODE
instead of MIME, but that's not what you asked for, and
it has other drawbacks.)
$#!@$@!% M$ !@#$#@!!
I'd be more than willing to switch e-mail clients, but
it has to talk to an Exchange server (including calendar
integration/etc.). I've heard that I may be able to use
Ximian Evolution, but I haven't tried it yet. If it's a
problem with the transport, that might not help anyway
for this problem.