RE: AllVersions: Running Cygwin X w/ Registy Entries

> In the spirit of this thread, I just want to say that I never
> said that cygwin programs use the mount table.   While cygwin
> programs do utilize the mount table, anyone can plainly see
> that they do not use the registry.

CGF: Where is the data?  The battle of wits has begun.  It ends
     when you decide and we both launch bash, and we find out who
     is right, and who needs to reinstall.

DK:  It's so simple.  All I have to do is divine from what I know of
     you.  Are you the sort of man who would put the mount table into
     the registry, or into a text file?  Now, a clever man would put
     the mount table into a plain text file, because he would know that
     only a great fool would use the registry.  I am not a great fool,
     so I clearly cannot choose the plain text file.  But you must've
     known that I was not a great fool.  You would have counted on it,
     so I clearly cannot choose the plain text file!

CGF: You've made your decision then?

DK:  Not remotely! Because the registry comes from Microsoft, as
     everyone knows.  And Microsoft is entirely peopled with criminals.
     And criminals used to having people not trust them, as you are not
     trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the registry.

CGF: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

DK:  Wait till I get going! Where was I?

CGF: Microsoft.

DK:  Yes, Microsoft. You must've suspected I would've known the registries
     origin, so I clearly cannot choose the registry.

CGF: You're stalling now.

DK:  You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?  You've beaten my viruses,
     which means you're exceptionally strong, so you might've put the
     data into a plain text file, counting on your virus scanner to save
     you, so I can clearly not choose the plain text file.  But you've
     also bested my trojan, which means you must've studied, and in
     studying you must have learned that the registry is a complete hack,
     so you would have put the data as far from the registry as possible,
     so I can clearly not choose the registry!

CGF: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.

DK:  It has worked! You've given everything away! I know where the mount
     table is!

CGF: Then make your choice.

DK:  I will, and I choose... Wait - is that a GPL violation post on the
     main mailing list? (points)

CGF: What?  Where?  I don't see anything.

DK:  Oh well, I could've sworn I saw something.  No matter... heh heh heh...

CGF: What's so funny?

DK:  I'll tell you in a minute.  First we start up our shells.  Me from my
     system and you from yours.

(They launch bash)

CGF: You guessed wrong.

DK:  You only think I guessed wrong, that's what's so funny. I switched
     keyboards when your back was turned, you fool!  You fell victim you
     one of the classic blunders.  The most famous is never get involved
     in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less known is this: never
     go in against a GCC hacker when DATA is on the line! Ah Hah Hah Hah.

(C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe (4196): *** unable to remap)

(Thud!)