This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: brltty and libusb package ?
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'thread titttl'd'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:20:24 -0000
- Subject: RE: brltty and libusb package ?
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 2 10:11, Dave Korn wrote:
>> It also involves a kernel-mode device driver. Is that suitable for
>> cygwin, or should cygwin remain an entirely user-space set of apps? Is
>> there any policy/precedent?
> As long as the driver builds with Cygwin, it seems fine to me. We have
> already the ioperm package which brings its own driver, too.
<installs source> Oh, cool, so it does! I've wanted to know how to build
kmdd's with gcc/cygwin for a while now! <browse browse browse...>
/* workaround for bug 666316 and bug 671964 */
#define IoGetCurrentIrpStackLocation(irp) (*(struct
_IO_STACK_LOCATION**)((char*)(irp) + 96))
That's about the most terrifying thing I've ever seen in a kernel-mode
[ It's also been removed in upstream for about two years now..... ]
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....