This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: obfuscating email addresses (was: Re: WINE on Cygwin)
- From: Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:54:56 -0600
- Subject: Re: obfuscating email addresses (was: Re: WINE on Cygwin)
- References: <94BF3137C62D3E4CAED7E97F876585F0D036AC@pauex2ku08.agere.com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
There's a neat little script to make addresses still readable but not
so easily scraped here:
Maybe not so easily scraped in HTML form, but if you open the
file in a browser and save it as text, the obfuscation is gone.
So in the very least it's easy to defeat.
Studies show that isn't happing.