This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Pay for the hippo
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Danilo Turina <danilo dot turina at alcatel dot it>
- Cc: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:44:27 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Pay for the hippo
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Danilo Turina wrote:
> Just spit by fortune:
> "If you want to eat hippopatomus, you've got to pay the freight."
> -- attributed to an IBM guy, about why IBM software uses so much memory
> It could be used ("IYWTEHYVGTPTF") when someone complains about slowness or
> memory leaks or whatever.
"IYWTEHYGTPTF", actually, but I like the idea. Sort of like
"WCTYBTWHTKY", but longer and meaner. :-)
P.S. Sorry for the late response -- the message apparently bounced from my
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
If there's any real truth it's that the entire multidimensional infinity
of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs. /DA