This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: ieeefp.h: C++ guards
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- Cc: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:46:10 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: ieeefp.h: C++ guards
- References: <20051108201317.GB7148@efn.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 12:47:51PM -0600, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > On Nov 7 11:45, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> > >>Seems very sensible considering that a number of the identifiers are
> > >>also declared in math.h and protected there (e.g. isnan).
> > Which was the kind of error I was getting.
> > > Thanks, applied without the copy/pasted #define's :-}
> > This appears to work. I presume this will be in cygwin 1.5.19?
> No, to celebrate this fix, we are going right on to 1.5.Inf.
> Immediately follwed by new development starting on 1.7.-Inf.
Which is better than 1.5.NaN (and 1.7.NaN), since the latter ones couldn't
be tested by C++ code in prior versions of Cygwin... :-)
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
If there's any real truth it's that the entire multidimensional infinity
of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs. /DA