This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Where is cygwin bin directory?
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'je m'appelle michael caine'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:29:11 -0000
- Subject: RE: Where is cygwin bin directory?
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 08:14:20AM -0800, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 04:03:58PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> To the OP - just use whatever cygpath options make sense. It's not that
>>> hard and it certainly doesn't require anything like the gobbledegook
>>> Or, if you just are just curious about what /bin translates to, use
>> I have to take exception to this post of cgf's. I mean, Really! How
>> can you use that kind of language to people? It's gobbledegoop, not
>> *consult dictionary*
>> Oops, sorry; -gook seems to be canonical. Not the way I learned it
>> though! But it is gobbledygook with a Y!
> gobbledegook is acceptable. I did look it up before I sent the email.
But of course it is, since it derives from the medieval french phrase,
"gobblez de gouache", which of course means to eat one's poster-paints.
Not a lot of people know that.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....