This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: handle_threadlist_exception called with threadlist_ix -1
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'the quickest way to kill a joke stone cold dead'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:46:34 -0000
- Subject: RE: handle_threadlist_exception called with threadlist_ix -1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
>> [n.b. Thread TITTTL'd]
>> Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>>> Dave Korn wrote:
>>>> ubik wrote:
>> [n.b. faked attribution lines just to clarify the point]
>>>>> i'm using cygwin release version is 1.5.18-1 and my program compiles
>>>>> and work perfectly on linux. It compiles also on cygwin but after
>>>>> 15-20 sec it segfault. I think that the problem is in pthread
>>>>> implementation on cygwin.
>>>> The cygwin pthread implementation is guaranteed safe when used as
>>> I could not resist.
>> It's a reference to the OP's email handle!
> So you are implying that the OP is the guy behind
> http://www.philipkdickfans.com/ ? I can hardly understand the relation
> between your original post and the OP's email handle.
1) The OP's email handle is "ubik".
2) "Ubik" is a book by Phillip K. Dick.
3) The catchphrase "Guaranteed safe when used as directed" is repeated again
and again throughout the book, in reference to the many consumer-product-based
avatars of Ubik.
(As a matter of fact, it's in every chapter. You could even say it was
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....