FW: stat(2) triggers on-demand virus scan

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> [...]

  Gary, he knew that perfectly well, it's just that the T got lost from
'stupid' and somehow ended up in the middle of 'POSIX'.  Probably just got
shook up then settled in packing and shipping.

> The long non-rant answer would require a logical explanation from
> Microsoft as to why their filesystem infrastructure is completely
> incapable of properly handling removable media, and that is highly
> unlikely to be forthcoming.

.. and would require, at the very least, a re-definition of the word
"completely" before it could make much sense.  Come on, give M$ their due
: their fs infrastructure is only _partially_incapable_ of properly handling
removable media.