Re: cygwin service not starting

Brian:

Thanks for the note. Nabble is a new experiment. Concrete user feedback like yours really helps the project. One critical feaure of Nabble is to allow users to self-serve edit and improve their own forum/archive. In the next release (in a few weeks), the editing of forum name and description and child-parent relationship will be edit-able in a wiki style. This way you can adjust things like these by yourself. And of course, if Nabble is crap, you can also delete it all together.

Nabble currently has this feature, but it is not as easy to use as the wiki-style in our next release. If you want to try it, click the "Modify this Forum" link under the forum name http://www.nabble.com/cygwin-talk-f12168.html You will see further links and it's a voting-like UI. Usually, to prevent vandalism, Nabble requires at least 100 votes to commit a change, but I changed the cygwin-talk forum to require 1 vote to commit a change, this way you can play with it. Note that this will all change to a simpler wiki UI in the next release.

Best regards,
Will L
Nabble.com

Brian Dessent wrote:

> I hardly see how cygwin-talk needs to be gatewayed onto another
> interface.  It's not meant for Cygwin support of any kind, just random
> chitchat and continuation of threads that have veered completely
> off-topic on the main list.
>
> Therefore almost anyone who is not already familiar with the Cygwin
> lists who posts to the -talk list is almost certainly guaranteed to be
> posting in the wrong place -- and they will be received with taunting
> and nonsense of hippos and LSD and such, as in this case.
>
> I think your users would benefit more from not even having it presented
> as a possible place to get support.
>
> Brian

Sent from the cygwin-talk forum at Nabble.com.