RE: Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

On 18 April 2006 18:11, Igor Peshansky wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Natalia M. Belfiore wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> Tasha
>
> Well, actually, what he wrote is unimportant.  What is interesting (and
> really unsettling to anyone who grew up in Russia) is that Natalia (or
> Natasha) is a purely female name (c.f. "War and Peace"), and this person
> is clearly male.
>
> No point here, just venting...  :-)
> 	Igor

  :)  At first I kinda suspected that it was a bloke attempting to employ the
well known "Pose-as-a-helpless-female-and-flutter-your-virtual-eyelashes"
technique to achieve faster response times from geek-filled mailing
lists.......

  Then I found....

http://genome-lab.ucdavis.edu/People/TashaBelfiore/default.htm

  AAAAUUUUGHGHGHHHH   MY EYES ARE BURNING  !!!

http://genome-lab.ucdavis.edu/People/TashaBelfiore/personalinfo.htm

"I am also called Natasha, it being a common diminutive of Natalia, my legal
name"

  Note the carefully worded phrase "my legal name", plus also the various cute
icons including a kitten and a sheep and someone dancing?  OK, I'm going to
take a guess: this can only be explained by GR surgery.