RE: cygwin + windows update = lock up (W2K SP4)

On 03 May 2006 16:59, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:12:02AM +0200, Ludovic Drolez wrote:

> Once I saw that Dave was on the case and could reproduce the problem at
> will, I haven't been pursuing every report of this terrifying bug
> because we actually do have someone investigating it.  I did try running
> process explorer while also running a cygwin process and did not see the
> problem.

  You very specifically have to bring up the properties page for the process
and display the "Threads" tab.  It doesn't occur (any more) when you just
select a process or even when you bring up the other properties page tabs.

> In other projects (and expecially in projects the size of cygwin) there
> are usually a group of people who are perfectly capable of fixing bugs
> without involving the principals.  I am working under the assumption
> that Dave Korn is one of those people.  I had, in fact, hoped that, just
> this once, someone else would track down a thorny issue in cygwin.
>
> IMO, it is insulting to me to suggest that I am cruelly ignoring a
> problem and it is insulting to him to suggest that the only person who
> can fix the problem is me.

  It's the same old problem: the circumference of my tuits has diverged quite
a long way from 3.14159... times their diameter.  But I think I can probably
work it out given enough patience :) and a bit of luck....