RE: Cygintl-3.dll was not found

On 10 August 2006 20:53, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 10:13:26AM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> So what kind of response would you expect to my mail?  More "thin
>>> intelligence", "foolish" responses?
>>
>> Are you asking if I thought your response was reasonable and
>> non-inflammatory (yes; it helped /me/ step back and start thinking again
>> :-)), or if I think infoterror is a troll? Or do I just not understand
>> the question?
>
> I was just wondering if we'd get more of the same.  Just an idle question.
>
> cgf

  Must have been the recent mentions of meow[*] that brought him in.

  He's not really got with the program, though, has he?

"  Infoterror is the art of persuading others to see your point, online,
without limiting yourself to polite discourse? Why? Most people do not
understand debate or argument, so they make noise and pretend they're
philosophers. How do you communicate? The answer: you troll them. Like any
other propaganda, it becomes effective when people see it often enough and see
its enemies without response. Make fools of the fools. Mock what is useless.
And most of all: always present a working answer.  "

  I didn't see him present any "working answer".

  Actually, I didn't see him "persuading others to see his point" either.

  On the other hand, I did see him not understanding debate or argument, and
pretending to be some kind of philosopher.  And he does appear to have fallen
for the line that trolling is a successful strategy for communicating with
people.

  So I give him 3 out of 10 for an unimaginative opening gambit, a lame
pseudo-philosophical justification, pat armchair-psychiatric diagnoses, and
really a total lack of anything new or innovative in his approach to trolling.
And even /that/ is just because I'm feeling generous and benignly
well-disposed to the world at large today  :-D

[*] - Hail Fluffy!