Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

On Aug 16 18:38, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I think linux probably has some kind of /proc file option setting to
> understand drive letters.  Probably cygwin should emulate that.

As far as I know there's no such option.  It seems to me this is really
called for and somebody should implement it.  Along these lines there
should be another /proc option which finally allows Linux users to use
the beloved backslashes as path separators.  I can't understand why
Linus deliberately changed the path separator from backslash to slash,
thus undermining an industry standard.  Intolerable.

Corinna

--
If you see irony or sarcasm in this mail, don't tell the hippos.