RE: html email

mwoehlke said:
>Charli Li wrote:
>> mwoehlke wrote:
>it happen
>>> Oh, probably. I think one of them is named "Outlook". :-)
>>> At any rate, I haven't noticed Thunderbird doing it.
>>
>> Microsoft Outlook wraps long lines by default (depends on the
>size of your
>> window) WADR.
>
>Yes, the *GUI* wraps long lines. We're talking a: about wrapping in the
>actual mail, and b: doing it /wrong/ for quotes. I believe Outlook is
>one of the mailers responsible for the mess Ethan pointed out a few
>lines up.

WADR, Outlook doesn't wrap, but when viewed (not gone through sourceware) it
is wrapped.  When it HAS gone through sourceware, the text is wrapped even
tighter; it looks like the line ended in the middle of the screen.  And yes,
hitting ENTER doesn't seem to solve any problems.

Also, lots of email programs quote raw email addresses by default in
replies.  The PCYMTNQREAIYR rule has been here (I'm guessing) a long time
now, and people (was including me) are still PCYMTNQREAIYRing.  It is
probably advisable to modify Thunderbird and SeaMonkey's code a little bit
so that there is no more PCYMTNQREAIYRing.

Charli
---
Learn more before you Rushmore.