RE: 3PPs (Was Re: multiple cygwin installs (gold star))

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Dave Korn wrote:

> On 29 March 2007 14:31, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>
> > After including the link to the definition of 3PPs on the description
> > of that gold star, I realized how easily lost the definition is --
> > it's sitting at the very end of a long file, and thus does not end up
> > at the top of the screen when the link is followed.
> >
> > Relative sorting order of numbers and letters being a constant point
> > of contention, I wonder if I shouldn't just move 3PP to be the first
> > acronym in the OLOCA...  It would certainly present a nice perspective
> > to anyone just browsing it.
> > 	Igor
>
>   Surely it should go between TANSTAAFL and TITTL?

Yes, it usually does go between TANSTAAFL and TITTTL when discussing 3PPs,
but I think alphanumerically it belongs either in the beginning or in the
end. :-)  In any case, this acronym is somewhat special, given that it's
the only one that begins with a number, so I'd like to have a special
place for it.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Freedom is just another word for "nothing left to lose"...  -- Janis Joplin