RE: is there any support for stuffit ? [turn into \"jpg compression in Stuffit\" ? ]

On 29 May 2007 19:52, morgan gangwere wrote:

>>   ROFL!  I just went to the stuffit expander web page, and one of the
>> aaaaamazing new features they're hyping is
>>
>> " Losslessly compress JPEG files with no loss in quality"
>>
>>   Well, yeh, I understand it's /technically/ true, but they should really
>> say
>>
>> " Losslessly compress JPEG files with no *more* loss in quality than the
>> massive loss in quality that you got by converting them to JPEGs in the
>> first place ... "
>>

>>     cheers,
>>       DaveK
>
> well DUuUuUUh. if you put JPG files in ANY compressed format they are
> _by_definition_ no more lossy than before.

  Umm, no, if you put JPG files in "ANY" compressed format, they are
_by_definition_ "compressed".  Nothing else.  It all depends on whether you're
using a *lossless* or *lossy* compression format, which you didn't actually
mention.