Re: FW: Certain files in the system32 directory are not listed

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Not quite.  This "PE-new" format could have been used for 64 bit
> executables from the start and so it would have been automatically
> adopted by vendors when porting to 64 bit.

You're right, they did miss a fairly uncommon opportunity to right a lot
of wrongs.  It appears that their 64 bit implementation strategy was
more along the lines of "gentlemen, how can we fit 64 in this size 32
pair of pants?" than anything else.

Brian