Re: ssh problem with cygwin - works OK with linux

On Fri, June 15, 2007 12:18 pm, Brian McNeil wrote:
> I already have a linux based computer at work on the same network and I
> can access that from my home computer with no problems. The problem is in
> accessing my work winXP computer that runs cygwin with sshd. The IP
> addresses for both work computers are identical except for the final
> number.

Obviously you have your winXP computer on a reserved-for-linux IP address.
Either reverse the IP addresses for the two computers, or keep them the
same but install winXP on the linux computer and linux on the winXP
computer.

Hope this help, but if it doesn't, 5 or 6 cygwin reinstalls may.