Re: irritating forum

Wes S wrote:
> On 14 Feb 2009 at 5:52, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=291923
>>   I went and opened a polite dialogue with them.  Somebody do remind
>>   me to
>> check back in a day or so, or I might forget.
>>
>>   [ I might have launched a full-out nuclear flame war instead, but
>>   they've
>> blocked bugmenot, so I decided to play nice :) ]
>>
>>     cheers,
>>       DaveK
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but setup.exe does some sort of hash check to
> make sure that packages uploaded from mirrors are valid?  I only read
> so much of that link you posted before deciding this was clueless
> rant.

  Oh, well, hippos, blah blah, on the moon, blah blah, weird surreal wibble
blah blah . .

  *sotto voce* Yes, it does.  The setup.ini file is digitally signed on
sourceware.org, and it lists the md5sums of all the packages, so those can be
verified under guarantee of the signature.  But don't let the hippos hear us
having an on-topic conversation here in their territory, or they'll be angry,
that's why I'm whispering.  Say, what's that distand whistling noise?  And why
is everyone backing away from me and looking up?  Oh, no .....

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkeeeeeeeerSPSPLLLAAAATTTTHUMP   ##@NO CARRIER