RE: You call that a trick? You wanna see a trick? I'll show you a ******ing trick.

> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:13:32 +0000
> From: dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com
> To: cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: You call that a trick? You wanna see a trick? I'll show you a ******ing trick.
>
> Warren Young wrote:
>> Dave Korn wrote:
>>> Instead of multiplying a number by 10, just stick a zero on the end!
>>
>> Nonsense, that multiplies by 16 in the only numbering system that all
>> right-thinking persons use.
>
> Sticking a '0' on the end multiplies any number by '10' no matter what base
> system you are using; it's a fundamental constant of place notation.
>
> You're part of the conspiracy! You manipulated the data by switching from
> one number base to another in the middle of your argument in a spurious
> attempt to discredit me! Admit it, you're working for Big Oil!

Once people start discussing acid-base equillibria, they tend to concentrate on H and OH
ignoring counterions and all that other stuff. Didn't you realize by 16 he meant 22
as new accounting rules allow this.

> cheers,
> DaveK

Windows Live Hotmail gives you a free,exclusive  gift.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.aspx?ocid=PID23879::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-ww:WM_IMHM_7:092009