Updated: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-29

Announcement
============

The XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-29 package has been updated in the Cygwin
distribution.

Links =====

Server source, direct link:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/devel/server/xwin-20031224-1624.tar.bz2
(128 KiB)

xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin (all files) diff against 4.3.0-28 source code:
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/devel/server/xwin-4.3.0-28-to-4.3.0-29.diff
(14 KiB)

Changes =======

1) winkeybd.c/winIsFakeCtrl_L - Call Sleep (0) if the first call to
PeekMessage returns nothing. TweakUI occasionally causes the Alt_R
press/release to not be in the message queue at the time that we
receive the fake Ctrl_L press/release. Calling Sleep (0) gives up the
rest of our time slice to other apps that need it, which causes the
Alt_R message to show up on our queue. We can then call PeekMessage
again and check if the Alt_R is there or not. If it is not there,
then we assume that we have a real Ctrl_L press, if it is there, then
we discard the fake Ctrl_L as usual. I tested this with the
US-International layout and it seemed to work fine. I originally
coded this fix with a short "keytest" program and was able to confirm that the fix works there as well. (Harold L Hunt II)

2) win.h, winkeybd.c, winkeybd.h, winwndproc.c - Remove dead code
that was wrapped with #if WIN_NEW_KEYBOARD_SUPPORT.  (Harold L Hunt II)

--
Harold Hunt

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Once you've downloaded setup.exe, run it and select "XFree86"
and then click on the appropriate field until the above announced
version number appears if it is not displayed already.

If your mirror doesn't yet have the latest version of this package after
24 hours, you can either continue to wait for that site to be updated or
you can try to find another mirror.

Please send questions or comments to the Cygwin/X mailing list at:
cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

If you want to subscribe go to:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/

I would appreciate if you would use this mailing list rather than
emailing me directly.  This includes ideas and comments about the setup
utility or Cygwin/X in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin/X mailing
list is the appropriate place.