Glide/X

Update on cygwin-xfree.

Mumit helped to fix Glide DLLs problems.  Therefore credit goes to him
getting Glide compiled under Cygwin.  I compiled the x-server whch uses
Glide/3Dfx accelaration for 3Dfx/Voodoo cards.  However, there are still
some
serious display bugs in X-server code, which needs to be fixed.  On startup
it
blinks on the screen then core dumps with error messages *cannot find
visual (glide) display*.

I need to contact 3Dfx for permission for releasing the 3Dfx/Glide SDK for
Cygwin.
Historically they had always given to anyone who asked for it.  Their
license
required to obtain permission if developers intend to redistribute the
altered 3Dfx/Glide SDK.

John Fortin is working a DirectX target for cygwin-xfree and Carl intends to
write a traditional style GDI for X, like Hummingbird.

We are making progress, though mailing list for cygwin-xfree had been
some what inactive for a while.

Suhaib