Re: Patch from Takayuki

"Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com> writes:

> There are other problems.  libXt, libXau and libXMu when build as DLLs
> causes libXt.dll to do coredump, particularly xterm.
> I tried ssveral combinations
> 1) libXT.dll and Xaw and Xmu as static (still coredumps)
> 2) libXt.a (static and others as Dll (still core dump)

> GDB traced the coredump to 3 files, one in libXt directory
> and 3 in xterm source code directory.  Code looks OK to me.
> When if any of the above libs are made as DLLs, when XtWidgetCreate
> is activated, it causes coredump. Strangely, if all 3 are static then
> everything goes fine.

This sounds like the initialization problem of variables from the DLL.

Have you looked at the changes that the other ports (eg., Sergey's)
to see what they've done? I remember a message from Sergey long ago
related to this issue; however, I don't remember the details anymore.

I don't know the issues involved here, but it would seem that the best
approach is to first fix ggi to work with the existing X11 ports to
cygwin and then just use those instead of trying to do yet another
x11r6.<n> port for Cygwin.

Regards,
Mumit