RE: make World error

Please note this is a project in progress.  The source code
and patches would change as we make progress.

First of all, due to some typical UNIX style assembly language
at the monet it not possible to extract Xc-*.tar code with Cygwin
default mount.  You must unmount and remount with -b option
so assembly code can be read and written in UNIX binary format.
Check Cygwin FAQ at http://sourceware.cygnus.com on how to do
a binary mount.  If you are interested only in Xfree86 libraries
you may be better of downloading the precompiled binaries.

make World >& World.log is the Xfree86 recommended way to go.

Full compilation takes 5 hours on my 500 MHz PIII machine.
Therefore you must have a plenty of time at hand if you intend
to work with code and compile it yourself.

At the stage I rather type
make World

and watch the screen, break when I see the error, fix and restart again.
The Source code at the Sourceware server sgould compile without errors
but there is no warranty for it.

Any further questions should be addressed to cygwin-xfree mailing list
at cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com

Suhaib