RE: XFree under alien systems - the XF86Sup.sys approach and Windows NT

I am starting to recover from my dental surgery.   What a MESS!!  Christmas
may hang me up though.  Whats up with the cygwin-xfree mailing list?  I
haven't seen anything on there..

Making the X server a DOS app would not be a terrible idea.   I've done
direct screen writes in Win 9x from a dos prompt, and I know it can be done
that way in win 9x.  Sounds like NT is similar.  I upgraded my machine to
win2000 though..  I guess the only thing that that effects is Direct X.

If NT command prompt works like Win 9x command prompt, then an xf86sup.sys
driver might not be necessary.  Win 9x let me access video memory directly
from the dos prompt without any argument.  I'm fairly (not 100%) sure that I
wrote to ports like that also..

The mentioned code runs on OS/2 and OS/2 is similar story as WinNT.
i trhink a device driver guru could definitely hack it to work on NT too

Regards
Suhaib