RE: DirectX based X Server (coming soon...)

Interesting!!!!  You had been following the cygwin-xfree list also
working on an X-server.

Xvfb does compile with MSVC 6 and I had done it a long time ago.
Xnest compiles too with Xvfb.

To port your DX code to Cygwin, we can help you, if you are willing
to give us access to your code base.

Of course Cygwin-xfree is GPled therefore it would meet your GPL
requiremnts.

The X11R6.4/Xserver directory was ported to Cygwin and also MSVC by
me
almost a year ago.  The cygwin-xfree code available from
sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/xfree, also contains patches for
XFree86 4.0 Snapshots, which is basically X11R6.4.  X11R6.4/Xserver
code ported to MSVC 6.0 is at my URL at http://siddiqi.webjump.com

If you are willing to share your code with us (John Fortin, Mike,
and me) would be helpfull.

Suhaib