RE: DX Server gets compiled on Cygwin now...

> Greetings,
>
> I got the DX server working on cygwin - it gets compiled,
> linked and when
> executed gives the famous bw screen of X.

Cool...

> However, None of the clients are able to display on the
> screen. If I run xterm
> (or any other client) on a different box, netstat shows
> the connection is
> established but no window appears on the screen.

Too bad ;-)

> It might be a problem which I had when I applied patches
> to the X 3.3.5 source
> code, I got errors in the following files:
>
> xc/include/extensions/Imakefile.rej
> xc/include/extensions/xf86rush.h.rej
> xc/include/extensions/xf86rushstr.h.rej
> xc/lib/ICE/ICE-def.cpp.rej
> xc/lib/Xext/Xext-def.cpp.rej
> xc/lib/Xxf86rush/Imakefile.rej
> xc/programs/Xserver/Xext/Imakefile.rej
> xc/programs/Xserver/Xext/xf86Rush.c.rej

You can compare *.rej files with originals and make changes
manually.  There are very few changes in these files.

> and forced to make a modification in os/xf86misc.c
> (undeclared xf86OsMouseProc
> error) before I could get the Xvfb server compiled.
>
> xterm linking says "ncurses" not found - but I think it is OK.

Yes it does matter... if you do not have ncurses installed go to
/xc/config/cf/cygwin.cf file and chnage the -lncurses to -ltermcap

If we had your sources we could straighten these bugs.

Regards
Suhaib