RE: DX Server gets compiled on Cygwin now...

> Now it works. I just need to copy the SecurityPolicy file
> across in the
> appropriate directory. The server was dumping the error
> and I was blind!!!

Are you using the xdm or linked against the libcrypt as I explained
on cygwin-xfree URL?  The xfree86 3.3.5 with my security patches for
xdm
forces to have a SecurityPolicy, unless you turn it off in *.cf
files during compilation.

Well, at least it is good that SecurityPolicy enforcement worked
under
Cygwin.

> On Sat, 08 Jan 2000, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
> > At some point in near future I hope I would be ale to convience
> > XFree86 organization to apply all the patches not only
> part of it,
> > because it creates more work for me to help other users fix the
> > problems created by applying part of the patches.
>
> I think we should do that. We are fast approaching *real*
> working X-Servers and
> lets us strive for getting the source trees merged.

That I would do once I have sources from everyone, binries and
sources
get tested by 100s of users at cygwin-xfree.  After that I will
try to get them merged in xfree86 source tree so users can compile
the code on their own... and we do not branch of xfree86 projects.

> > Do not give up please.  What I mean more members of cygwin-xfree
> > developers team has access to your code better are the
> chances we
> > can fix problems.
>
> I do not mean giving up in that sense ;-).
>
> > It will not make much difference except AF_UNIX socket...
> I realized it.

Suhaib