RE: XServer Woes

> Matt Lewandowsky wrote:
>
> > Do you have any tips on the font issues? I'm hoping to only have to use
> > Exceed for XDMCP broadcasts and queries. I've been using the VNC-based
> > server lately because all the commercial servers seem to have problems
> > with IE5 on Solaris. All the buttons are pink and they don't recognise
> > when it refreshes its windows.
> >

> You did run mkfontdir in each font directory??
>

> > P.S. I was wondering if you plan on making a statically linked version
> > for those without Cygwin. Or even if it's possible... I know that our
> > DBA (who sits next to me), for one, doesn't need all of its
> > functionality. (Such as everything else in the program folder.)
>
> It will not happen until we get mingw versions of XGGI and X11 libs.

Use Hans XGDI server based upon XVNC.  I got his fullscreen version.
In North Carolina life is dead after getting hit by 3 feets of snow in one
nite.
After testing I will upload Hans fulsscreen XGDI server next week.  XGDI at
the
moment does not use Cygwin1.dll.  But NOTE that XGDI has borrowed code from
XVNC therefore XVNC GPL license applies to it.  The binaries and soruces are
at ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/xfree

Suhaib