RE: Undefined reference to _ctype__?

I moved this to cygwin-xfree list.  That is where it actually belongs.

> > I am mainly interested in building X11 sources under Cygwin at the
> > moment (so I can figure out the SGI OpenGL DDK without building on
> > Linux ;-).

The SGI OpenGL DDK port to Cygwin has already been done.  It is
at my personal URL at http://siddiqi.webjump.com.  It is based upon
the recent SGI OpenGL Implementation Source Code Release under
SGI OpenSource Project.  It includes static as well as DLLs of
libGL, libGLU, libGlw, libnurbs and libRGB. The port was straight
forward except at a few places you need to fix #ifdef WIN32
which caused conflicts with Win32 API headers in Cygwin.
Follow the instructions for compliation under Linux, and merge the
SGI OpenGL Implementation code to Cygwin/XFree code base
per Linux for Linux.  Then make World would compile
the SGI OpenGL beast.

> You might want to check the Cygwin-Xfree site and list:
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/xfree/ .  I know that you need
> the newer snapshots to work with the libraries from this page.

>I have checked that. It says that I should use a new snapshot for
>better socket support, but which snapshot should I use? From the ftp
>site I see that the latest is 02-24, but some of the files only go up
>to 02-21. Do I just get only the 02-21 stuff or do I get the latest
>of everything?

Any recent Cygwin Snapshot should do.  I am currently using
cygwin-inst-20000221.tar.gz

After extraction I rename the i686-pc-cygwin to i586-cygwin32 and copy
everything to H-i586-cygwin32.  This is a crude way of installing
a snapshot to replace your stock B20.1.

Suhaib