RE: FW: maptest.tgz

Hello!

> I just did and sent a note to Cygwin-xfree mailing list.  Are on the
> Cygwin-xfree list?  If not can you subscribe and report the problems via
> cygwin-xfree list.

Done.

> I appreciate your help and testing.  We will get there sometimes soon.
> We started first with no server a year ago, then a messy fullscreen server
> and now an x-server which need only bug fixes to compare its commercial
> counter parts.

Great.

> Here is a copy of my message to Cygwin-xfree list.  The archive is big
> because it contains all the clients and fonts.  Some users reported that
> I did not include /usr/lib/X11/fonts therefore they could not start
> server.

$ bzip2 -cd xfddx_x_server_binary.tar.bz2 |tar tf -
tar: Hmm, this doesn't look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next file header
tar: Skipping to next file header
and so on

It happens both on Windows and Linux. bzip2 reports no errors.

Could you please separate the fonts when you upload the next release?
I think that most users can copy fonts from the old release or from a
Linux box.

Pavel Roskin